- Mary Ward Week celebration (23 January – 30 January 2022)
The JPIC units collaborated with the Friends of Mary Ward Units to celebrate “The Mary Ward Week’ virtually.
Some of the activities in which students participated are:
- Translation of Mary Ward Maxims into Nepali language.
- Virtual prayer services celebrating the Mary Ward week.
- Creating videos depicting the life story of Mary Ward.
- Celebrating Mary Ward’s legacy through dances.
- Writing letters of hope and encouragement (Lemon Juice letters).
- A virtual gathering with Ex-Marians and celebrating “the Mary Ward effect in their lives.”
- The Friends of Mary Ward Units undertook an 8-day Virtual Pilgrimage. The members spent time in prayer and reflection.
- International Education Day (24 January 2022)
The Students created awareness on the theme “Changing Course: Transforming Education”. They created awareness through speeches and video presentations highlighting the negative impacts of the pandemic on the global education system. Stress was laid on the need of transformation in the education system.
3)One Billion Rising (14 February 2022)
Sangat network Nepal in collaboration with 30 other organizations from all over Nepal joined the global campaign on 14 February. JPIC Nepal proudly became a voice in the movement. A team comprising of Sr. Smitha Muthu, Mrs. Jyotsna Shah, Mrs. Kalpana Shrestha and the students of Mary Ward School Lubhoo attended the event held at Tewa, Dhapakhel. The participants recited poems, performed dances, enacted dramas and put up an exhibition on the theme of the year – “Rise for the bodies of all women, girls and the Earth”. A memorial program was also held for late Mrs. Kamla Bhasin, an Indian poet, feminist and social scientist. St. Mary’s School, Pokhara, St. Mary’s School Biratnagar and Mary Ward School Lubhoo, joined hands with JPIC India (East Zone) on creating awareness on body positivity. Enthusiastic students wrote poems and created art works inviting girls and women to love herself with all her flaws.