In recent years the Christian churches have celebrated a Season of Creation through September, culminating in the feast Francis of Assisi on October 4. Just as we celebrate the seasons of Lent and Advent, the Season of Creation invites us into the deeper mysteries of our faith through prayer, deeper immersion in creation and action. As believers in a tradition that honours God as Creator, we can use these Spring days to connect more deeply with a God who gifts us with all life out of love. It is a time to claim our environmental awareness and activism as a spiritual, not simply moral, imperative.
Please find more info here
- An article on gardens in our schools in the current Loreto Networker:
- A reflection on the Season of Creation plus the most wonderful SoC resource list (at end of article) from the province website:
- Excellent article on Integral Ecology prepared by Dr Sandie Cornish, the Publications and Research Officer of the Office for Social Justice of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference. She prepared this talk for the Catholic Earthcare Convocation 2020. Excellent for staff PD or reflection
- Flyer for Catholic Earthcare Convocation. The two green tiles advertise webinars featuring Kirsty Robertson, Loreto Normanhurst board member, and Leila Mangos, a Loreto Normanhurst student. I heard Leia address a Loreto Justice Network webinar on the connection between climate justice and human rights yesterday and she was absolutely sensational – think Greta Thurnbeg with an Aussie accent!. If you need hope, connect with these webinars!!
- Province FB posts for the Season of Creation